Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

New (to me) Mountain Bike Trails!

Last night I got to go check out some trails a bit south of me in New Hampshire. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I knew that there would be trails and I would be meeting up with some friends (and maybe some new faces). I was moderately shocked by how many riders showed up - something around 12. Due to the group size it took a while to get going, but after a while we did get started. The trails were interesting and fun from the beginning, starting with a mellow, winding singletrack climb. Parts of the climb were actually fast:

The climb ended up being pretty long and fairly tiring. Towards the top it is quite a grunt.

Here Phil catches his breath:


Most of the way up the hill there was a neat outlook with a few of a far-off hill covered in Windmills:

What, you can't see them? Ok, try this:

I guess I might need a longer zoom lens to really capture them, but you probably get the gist now.

Despite the difficulties of riding in such a large group (several people were 'misplaced' along the way...don't worry, we found them in the parking lot) it was a fun ride on some great new trails. I hope to return soon! Next time I might even stop and take some more photos. We were chasing the sun down the hill this time, so photo opportunities were often passed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment